In order to obtain a Firearms Identification Card and/or Firearm, you must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with the Statutes that govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. Additional firearms information is available at the New Jersey State Police Website www.nj.gov/gov/njsp/ or through reviewing the New Jersey Firearms Law: N. J. S. A. Title 13 Chapter 54.
All Firearms applications for residents of Manalapan Township is handled through the Police Department’s Firearms Licensing Unit staffed by the Firearms ID Officer: Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker (Ret.). supervised by the Administration Division Captain Thomas Mantle. For questions regarding firearms applications please contact Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker, (Ret.) by email at email@example.com. or call the office at (732) 446-8372 E-mails are retuned on a weekly basis.
The Manalapan Township Police Department now accepts online applications for Firearms Identification Cards and Handgun Purchaser Permits. All Manalapan Township residents must enter the ORI number NJ0132600
Use proper names only on your application and when being fingerprinted. Do not use names such as Mike instead of Michael or Tom instead of Thomas. Do not hyphenate your name if it is not your legal name and reflected on other legal documents such as a driver’s license. Applications that are not accurate will not be processed.
If you are not a resident of Manalapan Township you must contact the NJ municipality where you reside to find out their application process.
1. Please make sure that you provide a current phone number on the online application. Cell phone numbers are usually the best form of communication and will be utilized for any application inquires.
2. If you have resided outside of New Jersey in the past 10 years, you will be contacted to complete an out of state mental health check request.
3. After completion of the online application a Check or Money Order written to
Manalapan Township is to be dropped in the POLICE/FIREARMS drop box located outside the front doors of the municipal building. This should be done within a week after applying. Make sure the applicants name and confirmation number of is on the check or money order. Applications will not be processed without payment. Initial ID Cards cost $5.00, and Handgun Permits cost $2.00 each. There is no charge for Duplicate cards (lost , mutilated and address change). All fees are non-refundable.
4. You will receive automated e-mail updates throughout the process. The e-mail from the NJ Portal stating that your fingerprints have been processed does not mean the background is complete. Please do not contact us after you receive that e-mail.
5. If you incorrectly entered your references e-mail address write an e-mail to Fireamrsreg@manalapanpolice.org with the corrections.
6. If you applied for a Firearms ID card, after approval, you will receive an e-mail from the NJ Portal with a link. This link will contain your new E- firearms ID card. You can print, save or screen shot your new E-FID card. Firearms ID cards do not expire. They are no longer paper cards.
7. If you applied for handgun purchaser permits, once approved, you will receive an e-mail stating that you have electronic permits. A licensed dealer will look them up in the system upon purchase. There are no longer paper permits.
Please visit the web site www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars and complete the online application Manalapan ORI # NJ0132600
Additional Helpful Firearms Identification Links:
New Jersey Firearms Laws
Frequently asked questions for firearms identifications
Firearms Information Forms to Download