In order to obtain a Firearms Identification Card and/or Firearm, you must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with the Statutes which govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. Additional firearms information is available at the New Jersey State Police Website www.nj.gov/gov/njsp/ or through reviewing the New Jersey Firearms Law: N. J. S. A. Title 13 Chapter 54.
All Firearms applications for residents of Manalapan Township are handled through the Police Department’s Firearms Licensing Unit staffed by the Firearms ID Officer: Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker (Ret.). Administration Division led by Captain Leonard Maltese to Captain Thomas Mantle. For questions regarding firearms applications please contact Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker, (Ret.) preferred by email at email@example.com or you can phone the office at 732.446.8372 please note the office hours vary throughout the year.
The Manalapan Township Police Department now accepts online applications for Firearms Identification Cards and Handgun Purchaser Permits. All Manalapan Township residents must enter the ORI number NJ0132600
Use proper names only on your application and when being fingerprinted. Do not use names such as Mike instead of Michael or Tom instead of Thomas. Do not hyphenate your name if it is not your legal name and reflected on other legal documents such as a drivers license. Applications that are not accurate can not be processed.
If you are not a resident of Manalapan Township you must contact the NJ municipality where you reside to find out their application process.
1. Please make sure that you provide a current phone number on the online application. Cell phone numbers are usually the best form of communication and will be utilized for any application inquires.
2. If you have resided outside of New Jersey in the past 10 years, you will be contacted to complete an out of state mental health check request.
3. Check or Money Order written to Manalapan Township are the only forms of payment accepted. This check is to be dropped in the POLICE/FIREARMS drop box located outside the front doors of the municipal building. This should be done within a week after applying. Make sure the applicants name and confirmation number of is on the check or money order. Applications will not be processed without payment. Initial ID Cards cost $5.00, and Handgun Permits cost $2.00 each. There is no charge for Duplicate cards (lost , mutilated and address change). All fees are non-refundable.
4. You will receive automated e-mail updates throughout the process. The e-mail from the NJ Portal stating that your fingerprints have been processed does not mean the background is complete. Please do not contact us after you receive that e-mail.
5. If you incorrectly entered your references e-mail address write an e-mail to Fireamrsreg@manalapanpolice.org with the corrections.
6. Handgun permits and Firearms ID card will be mailed to you when ready.
Note: All approved applications for Handgun Purchaser Permits received after October 1st 2020 will be sent to you via e-mail. Your Firearms ID card will still be mailed to you. When purchasing handguns bring the e-mail your Firearms ID card and Identification.
Please visit the web site www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars and complete the online application Manalapan ORI # NJ0132600
Additional Helpful Firearms Identification Links:
New Jersey Firearms Laws
Frequently asked questions for firearms identifications
Firearms Information Forms to Download