In order to obtain a Firearms Identification Card and/or Firearm, you must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with the Statutes which govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. Additional firearms information is available at the New Jersey State Police Website www.nj.gov/gov/njsp/ or through reviewing the New Jersey Firearms Law: N. J. S. A. Title 13 Chapter 54.
All Firearms applications for residents of Manalapan Township are handled through the Police Department’s Firearms Licensing Unit staffed by the Firearms ID Officer: Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker (Ret.). The unit is within the police department’s Administration Division led by Captain Leonard Maltese. For questions regarding firearms applications please contact Lieutenant Lloyd Drucker, (Ret.) preferred by email at firstname.lastname@example.org >or you can phone the office at 732.446.8372 please note the office hours vary throughout the year.
NEW ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
** Read all of the instructions prior to clicking the link to the njportal **
The Manalapan Township Police Department now accepts online applications for Firearms Identification Cards and Handgun Purchaser Permits. Please visit the web site www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars and complete the online application. All Manalapan Township residents must enter the ORI number NJ0132600
If you are not a resident of Manalapan Township you must contact the NJ municipality where you reside to find out their application process.
- Be aware that providing your Social Security number is voluntary, but if it is not provided the application process will take a longer period of time.
- When completing the application you will need to provide the e-mail address of two reputable references, as well as your own e-mail address.
- Please make sure that you provide a good phone number on the online application. Cell phone numbers are usually the best form of communication and will be utilized for any application inquires.
- If you have resided outside of New Jersey in the past 10 years, after completing the online application, you must come to the police department during the, “Open Hours” for firearms listed below.
- During the online application process you will either be prompted to the NJSP portal for 212A online check, or prompted to a form that is needed to get your fingerprints taken at an Identogo office. If prompted to an Identogo office, go on their website provided on the top of the form and follow their instructions to get fingerprinted at one of the locations provided on the Identogo site. YOU MUST BRING THE FINGERPRINT FORM WITH YOU. Both 212A and Identogo require an online credit card payment. If all steps are not completed within 90 days the application will be purged from the system.
- Take note of your confirmation number found on your online application. This number is very important for tracking purposes.
- Check or Money Order written to Manalapan Township are the only forms of payment accepted. This will be collected upon permit/ID card pick-up. Write the confirmation number from your online application on the check or Money Order. Initial ID Cards cost $5.00, and Handgun Permits cost $2.00 each. Duplicate ID Cards, which are all but initial cards, are free.
- You will receive automated e-mail updates throughout the process.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL WHEN YOUR PERMITS/FID CARD ARE READY TO BE PICKED UP. PICK-UP WILL BE DURING THE BELOW LISTED FIREARMS ID OFFICER OPEN HOURS ONLY. PROPER IDENTIFICATION TO INCLUDE PROOF OF RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF PICK-UP. BRING A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (NO CASH). THE COST IS $2.00 EACH PERMIT AND $5.00 INITIAL ID CARD (DUPLICATE ID CARDS ARE FREE)
PERMIT PICK-UP AND APPLICATION DROP OFF OPEN HOURS
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY
These hours are to be used for all applications that are not done online, all pick-ups both online and in paper, and any additional application inquiries. You will receive an e-mail (online applicants) or a phone call (paper applicants) when the documents are ready for pick-up. Identification, proof of residency, and a check or money order required for pick-up.
Dates and Times
December 16th from 10am to 2pm
January 6th from 3pm to 7pm
January 13th from 10am to 2pm
January 20th from 3pm to 7pm
January 27th from 10am to 2pm
Additional Helpful Firearms Identification Links:
New Jersey Firearms Laws
Frequently asked questions for firearms identifications
Firearms Information Forms to Download